Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Polar Express Night

The Polar Express night all started when Kelli Krikki said we should do something special for our kids.  She had an idea to give them a Polar Express Night and drive around in our "vans" to see lights.  Well when you get that many creative girls together get ready.  It quickly went from driving ourselves, to me making tickets, to renting some kind large vehicle so we could all ride together. With in no time my husband was looking over my shoulder telling me I had a sickness because I just couldn't stop the details. COME ON he knew what he was getting into when he asked me to be his wife:)


 I made tickets with the kids pictures on them and a place to get a punch at each stop.
It made all the work worth it when I saw Quinn reading the ticket from front to back out loud over and over and over and over........
When my Dad "the conductor" was getting ready he remembered

The night before we were to board the polar express Jason Poll said we should see if my Dad could be the conductor....YES the night before.
He pulled all this together in one day, couldn't have been better.






We started at our house then had the bus got to Woodwyk's to get the second batch of kids.

Total we had 22 kids and 16 adults!!
Our 1st stop Grandma and Grandpa Nederveld.  They served all the kids hot cocoa and showed them the reindeer on the back hill.







Our second stop was Uncle Aaron and Aunt Danae's.  Danae had her elves there to help direct the kids:)
Home made popcorn made by the crafty Andrea Hibma.



3rd stop was 53rd ball park to see the christmas lights.  The kids absolutely loved this they got to open the windows and stand on the seats!!



Love
Love too!!
SANTA!!!
Santa gave each kid a bell...or Carisa Woodwyk got them, she put a cute little tag that said believe on it.
Oh my her face says it all!


Now the rest is History...can't wait til next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment